After having a pretty rough Monday and Tuesday (Stella was trying to fight off a mini cold and a 100' fever) we start feeling better and then, we choked people! On sunday afternoon we were out to get a few things to BBQ later on that day for Memorial Day and took a swing down the baby isle to see what goods we couldn't live without.....This teal octopus was most defiantly one of them!
(Its a squeezy bath toy that squirts water out of its mouth)
We get the toy home and it, of course gets lost in the toy basket we have with the 100 other squishy octopus like toys she has down stairs. Wednesday morning it was re discovered! She's sitting on the floor in the middle of all her toys and finds this one..and the little gem that they apparently think is totally ok to stick on the bottom of a children's toy. (I didn't catch and take this sticker off before she found it, probably the worst feeling ever. Needless to say, all of her toys got quite the inspection after this)
Im up stairs getting dressed and Zach is down stairs with Stella. I can hear her from up stairs and I hear a coughing noise, not thinking anything of it because she makes noises all of the time. Then I hear a pound, pound, pound. I sorta stop in my tracks and listen close to hear whats next. Then I hear stella start to make noises again (regular Stella making noises). So I continue on. Next thing I hear is Zach walking into the room holding Stell with a complete blank stare on his face. What? Whats wrong?! Then he tells me what happened. She had gotten this plastic sticker off of the bottom of her toy and put it in her mouth and
tried swallowing it. The noises I heard were her trying to breath and Zach trying to get it out! Thank God this happened when he was home!! As horrible as it is the more and more I think about it, my Husband does this for a living and we have a child and I have never had him show me what to do if something like this were to ever happen. You better believe that each member of the family is going to be trained on what to do in case of an emergency, Myself at the TOP of that list!!!!
Word of advise.... Take a baby first aid class!!!! Or if you know someone who is trained in it, simply have them show you what to do! or AT LEAST read this. (Zach was doing what the illustration is demonstrating)
It was VeRy scary, and Im very thankful Zach was here and he can turn his auto pilot on in situations like this, because I would have FREAKED OUT.....
Happy Baby First Aid learning to everyone!